Table of Content
- Eligibility Criteria for AP PGECET 2017
- Application Process in AP PGECET 2017
- Registration Fees of AP PGECET 2017
- Syllabus for AP PGECET 2017
- Hall Ticket for AP PGECET 2017
- Results of AP PGECET Entrance Exam 2017
- Important Dates of AP PGECET 2017
- Counseling Process of AP PGECET 2017
Andhra Pradesh PG Engineering Common Entrance Test is shortened as AP PGECET.
The applicants who are willing to get M.Tech certification can appear for this exam.
The exams of Andhra Pradesh PGECET are organized by JNTU, Kakinada on behalf of Andhra Pradesh State Council of Higher Education (APSCHE) for those candidates who have not attempted for GATE or are not able to clear GATE exam.
Candidates those who have passed GATE exam would be given preference at the time of seat allotment and even they need to apply for the course independently.
There are 5 different regional centers where Andhra Pradesh PGECET exams are held i.e., Anantapuram, Guntur, Kakinada, Tirupathi and Visakhapatnam.
There are many PG courses available.
Interested applicants can get their admission in the courses like Architecture, Engineering, Pharmacy and Technology.
This is state level examination which would be held for candidates who were not able to give or clear GATE exam.
|Exam Name||Andhra Pradesh Post Graduate Engineering Common Entrance Test|
|Exam Type||Pos Graduate Entrance Exam|
|Commonly Called as||AP PGECET|
|PG Exam Category||State Level|
Eligibility Criteria for AP PGECET 2017
To get eligible in Andhra Pradesh PGECET entrance exam and study in this University applicants are required to meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Students must be of Indian Nationality and must belong to AP state.
- They must satisfy local/ non-local status requirements which are set up by the regulations of admission.
- It is compulsory for the applicants to secure a minimum of 50% marks for general category and 45% marks for reserved category.
- Applicants are supposed to pass their graduations with required marks than only they can appear for this exam.
- For more information regarding eligibility of the exam in particular course, students can visit the official website.
Application Process in AP PGECET 2017
- Students who are interested in giving Andhra Pradesh PGECET 2017 can apply only through online mode.
- The application form would be made available by 4th week of March 2017.
- Those who are willing to appear for PGECET are supposed to fill the application form which would be made available on the official website.
- They can pay the registration fees online by selecting Credit or Debit Card mode or Internet Banking for online payment and for offline payment interested applicants are suppose to visit Andhra Pradesh Online or MeeSeva centres where they can pay make the cash payment.
- After paying the registration fees the applicants are able to apply online and can fill the application form of PGECET.
- They are suppose to pay Rs.500/- as application fees for General Category and Rs. 250/- for reserved category
- The final date of submitting the application form is by 4th week of April 2017
Registration Fees of AP PGECET 2017
- The registration fees for Andhra Pradesh PGECET entrance exam is Rs.500/- for General Category and Rs. 250/- for reserved category up to 4th week of April 2017.
- However, if they have missed the last date for submitting the application fees and applying online still they have the chance to apply for the exam by paying Rs. 500/- as late fee up to last week of April 2017.
- Even if they have missed out the 2nd chance, still they can apply by paying Rs. 2,000/- as late fee up to 2nd week of May 2017 and still if they miss out than they need to visit the regional centre and are suppose to pay Rs. 5000/- as late fee till 3rd week of May 2017 and final chance to apply for the exam by paying Rs. 10,000/- as late fee up to 4th week of May 2017.
Age Limit for AP PGECET 2017
- The applicant’s age must be below 30 years than only they can apply for the exam.
Syllabus for AP PGECET 2017
AP PGECET would be organized in last week of May 2017.
The syllabus and exam pattern are given below:
- The exam duration would be of 2 hours (120 Minutes).
- There would be 120 questions in English language.
- The paper would be of 120 marks.
- There would be multiple choice questions (MCQs) where every question would be of 1 mark each.
- They can use either Blue ball point pen or black ball point pen to write answers.
Hall Ticket for AP PGECET 2017
- The hall ticket of the students would be made available on the official website of AP PGECET Entrance Exam.
- After the declaration of admit card they would be able to download the admit card by filling up the application number.
- They can download and take the print out of their admit card.
- They would be able to download the hall ticket a week prior to the exam date.
- Note: Hall Ticket would not be sent by post, they are suppose to download their admit card from the official website only.
Results of AP PGECET Entrance Exam 2017
- Every year the entrance exam is held in the month of May and the result of AP PGECET are announced by the 2nd week of June 2017.
- The results of the candidates would be made available on the official website where they can mention their registration number and can check their results.
Important Dates of AP PGECET 2017
The below given are important dates for AP PGECET 2017:
|Online application process starts by||4th week of March 2017|
|The last date of submitting the application form without late fee is||4th week of April 2017
|Last date of submitting the application form with Rs. 500/- as late fee is||Last week of April 2017
|Last date of submitting the application form with Rs. 2000/- as late fee is by||2nd week of May 2017
|Last date of submitting the application form with Rs. 5000/- as late fee by||3rd
week of May 2017 and candidates are suppose to visit regional centre to complete the process
|Last date of submitting the application form with Rs. 10000/- as late fee by||4th week of May 2017 and candidates are suppose to visit regional centre to complete the process|
|Hall Tickets will be issued||week prior to the exam|
|Examination will be conducted by||Last week of May 2017|
|Results will be announced by||2nd week of June 2017|
|Counseling process will start from||Last week of August 2017|
Counseling Process of AP PGECET 2017
- The counseling process for shortlisted applicants would begin from last week of August 2017.
- They are supposed to download the Allotment Order by signing in through their login.
- Shortlisted applicants can also come to know the allotment or re-allotment information through a SMS on your registered mobile number.
- Shortlisted applicants can find out their information by login in through their login where they need to enter their admit card number, id number, date of birth.
- It is compulsory for all the shortlisted candidates to carry all the documents along with them at the time of counseling process.