Table of Content
- CDS 2017 Exam Dates
- CDS 2017 Application Form & Registration Process
- CDS 2017 Eligibility Criteria
- CDS 2017 Exam Pattern
- CDS 2017 Exam Centres
- CDS 2017 Syllabus
- CDS 2017 Cutoff Marks
CDS 2017 Exam Date, Application Form & Registration, Admit Card, Results @ iimcat.ac.in – UPSC – Union Public Service Commission is one of the most important and popular organization that organizes a number of examination and CDS is one of them. Each year a large number of individuals appear in this examination. Speaking about the examination’s schedule then CDS 2017 Exam I would be organized in February 2017 and Exam II in October 2017. The online registration begins from November so all the interested individuals can go through the compulsory details regarding CDS 2017 and begin applying for the same after release of the official notice.
CDS 2017 Exam Dates
CDS 1 2017 Important Dates- Released
- Official notification will be released: 9th November, 2016
- Last date for receiving of application forms: 2nd December, 2016
- Admit card will be downloaded: January to February 2017
- Examination date: 5th February, 2017
- Declaration of result: May, 2017
CDS 2 2017 Important Dates- Released
- Official notification will be announced: 9th August, 2017
- Deadline for receiving of application forms: 8th September, 2017
- Admit card can be downloaded: September to October, 2017
- Examination date: 19th November, 2017
- Publication of result: Updated soon
CDS 2017 Application Form & Registration Process
Below we have mentioned the complete procedure of the application form process. Those of you who are interested need to apply before the last date.
Part I (Registration)
- Firstly you would have to visit the official website of UPSC and search for a link “CDS Application Form 2017”
- Once you have found the link then you need to proceed further and click the link.
- The application forms would be available online and you would have to enter all the necessary details correctly such as:
- Applicant’s name
- Father’s name
- Mother’s name
- % of marks, board/university etc. of the qualifying degree.
- Contact details.
- Then you would have to pay the registration fee of Rs 200 for general category.
- Once you have finished all the above mentioned steps then you can proceed and click the submit button and continue to Part II of the application form process.
Part II (Payment of application fee)
- Again you would have to login to the official website of UPSC to complete the Part II (Payment of application fee) process.
- Once your on the official website search the link for Part II of the registration and click on it.
- There you would have to enter your registration ID and DOB inorder to upload the documents.
- Now you can upload your scanned images of your photograph and signature in the specified format.
- The finally you can cli kon the submit button to complete the application process.
CDS 2017 Exam Application fee
- Rs 200/- would be charged for general category candidates as application fee/registration fee.
- Female & Reserved category individuals would be exempted from the application fee.
- These application fees need to be paid either through online or offline mode.
CDS 2017 Eligibility Criteria
|Post||Education Qualification Required|
|IMA and Officer’s Training Academy||Bachelor’s degree from a recognised university|
|Indian Naval Academy||Engineering from a recognised university or institution|
|Air Force Academy||Bachelor’s degree from a recognised university (Physics and Chemistry in 10+2) or BTech|
Note- Those of you who are appearing in the final year can also apply for CDS 2017 examination.
|For Indian Maritime Academy (IMA) candidate’s (Unmarried Male)||Between 18 and 22 years|
|For Indian Naval Academy (INA) candidate’s (Unmarried Male)||Between 18 and 22 years|
|For Indian Air force Academy (IAF) candidate’s (Unmarried Male)||Between 18 and 22 years|
|For Officers Training Academy (SSC Course for Men) candidate’s (Unmarried/ Married Male)||Between 18 and 22 years|
|For Officers Training Academy candidate’s (Unmarried/ Widows/ Divorcees)||Between 18 and 22 years|
Nationality: You need to belong to either of the nationality in order to be eligible.
a) India Citizen
b) Nepal Citizen
c) Bhutan Citizen
d) Tibetan refugee who had come in India before 1st January 1962 and must have permanent living prove.
CDS 2017 Exam Pattern
All of you who are appearing are advised to read the complete examination pattern to know important details like type of question, no of questions, subjects, duration of the exam. Sectional weightage, marking scheme and question paper format. Knowing the examination pattern is helpful in order to help you prepare for the examination.
For IMA, Indian Naval Academy & Air Force
|English||2 hours||100 marks|
|General Knowledge||2 hours||100 marks|
|Elementary Mathematics||2 hours||100 marks|
For Officer’s Training Academy
|English||2 hours||100 marks|
|General Knowledge||2 hours||100 marks|
CDS 2017 Exam Centres
The 2017 CDS Examinations will be conducted at the following centres
CDS 2017 Syllabus
The question paper is designed to test your understanding of English and workmanlike use of words.
Questions in English are from Synonyms, Antonyms, Reading Comprehension, Para Jumbles, Error Spotting, Jumbled Sentences, Sentence Correction and Fill in the Blanks.
General Knowledge Syllabus
General Knowledge including knowledge of current events and of such matters of everyday observation and experience in scientific aspects as may be expected of an educated person who has not made a special study of any scientific subject. The paper also includes questions on History of India and Geography of a nature.
Elementary Mathematics Syllabus
Number System – Natural numbers, Integers, Rational and Real numbers. Fundamental operations addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, Square roots, Decimal fractions.
Unitary method – time and distance, time and work, percentages, applications to simple and compound interest, profit and loss, ratio and proportion, variation.
Elementary Number Theory – Division algorithm. Prime and composite numbers. Tests of divisibility by 2, 3, 4, 5, 9 and 11. Multiples and factors. Factorisation Theorem. H.C.F. and L.C.M. Euclidean algorithm, Logarithms to base 10, laws of logarithms, use of logarithmic tables.
Basic Operations, simple factors, Remainder Theorem, H.C.F., L.C.M. Theory of polynomials, solutions of quadratic equations, relation between its roots and coefficients (Only real roots to be considered). Simultaneous linear equations in two unknowns-analytical and graphical solutions. Simultaneous linear equations in two variables and their solutions. Practical problems leading to two simultaneous linear equations or inequations in two variables or quadratic equations in one variable & their solutions. Set language and set notation, Rational expressions and conditional identities, Laws of indices.
Sine x, cosine x, Tangent x when 0 < x < 90 degrees, Values of sin x, cos x and tan x, for x = 0, 30, 45, 60 and 90 degrees, Simple trigonometric identities, Use of trigonometric tables, simple cases of heights and distances.
Lines and angles, Plane and plane figures, Theorems on (i) Properties of angles at a point (ii) Parallel lines, (iii) Sides and angles of a triangle, (iv) Congruency of triangles, (v) Similar triangles, (vi) Concurrence of medians and altitudes, (vii) Properties of angles, sides and diagonals of a parallelogram, rectangle and square (viii) Circles and its properties including tangents and normals, (ix) Loci.
Areas of squares, rectangles, parallelograms, triangle and circle. Areas of figures which can be split up into these figures (Field Book), Surface area and volume of cuboids, lateral surface and volume of right circular cones and cylinders, surface area and volume of spheres.
Collection and tabulation of statistical data, Graphical representation frequency polygons, histograms, bar charts, pie charts, etc. Measures of central tendency.
Intelligence and Personality Test
In addition to the interview the candidates will be put to Intelligence Tests both verbal and non-verbal, designed to assess their basic intelligence. They will also be put to Group Tests such as group discussions, group planning, outdoor group tasks, and asked to give brief lectures on specified subjects. All these tests are intended to judge the mental calibre of a candidate. In broad terms, this is really an assessment of not only his intellectual qualities but also his social traits and interests in current affairs.
CDS 2017 Selection Process
There are some stages that you would have to go through in order to get selected for different posts in defence services like INA, OTA, AFA & IMA. Below we have mentioned the entire process of the CDS selection procedure.
Phases of CDS Selection Procedure
- Written Examination- This is the first and basic stage of CDS selection procedure 2017. You would have to qualify in this stage in order to proceed to the next stage of the selection procedure. The written examination compromises of these subjects for the posts of IFA, INA & AFA.
For the post of OTA the following subjects are included:
- Elementary mathematics
The written exam is organized twice a year. The question paper would compromise of MCQ type questions. For OTS the exam would have a total of 200 marks and for INA, IMA & AFA the exam would have a total of 300 marks per CDS selection procedure.
- Personal Interview
- Personal interview is the 2nd stage of the selection process CDS 2017 and only those of you who have qualified in the written exam would be eligible to participate in this stage. This stage compromises of a number of activities to shortlist the deserving applicants like Group discussion, group activities and interview.
- You would be shortlisted for the next stage based on your performance in these activities.
- Documents Verification- Those of you who have cleared the personal interview would be called in for documents verification stage. You would have to show your relevant documents to the selection authority. The documents which need to be verified are:
- Birth certificate
- Identity proof (pan card/ adhar card/ voter ID card etc.)
- Passport size photograph
- Category certificate
- Residence proof
- All the qualification degrees
- Medical Examination- Medical examination is the final but very important stage of selection. During this stage you would be tested on your physical fitness. You would have to qualify this final stage of selection process in order to be selected for CDS 2017.
CDS 2017 Cutoff Marks
The cut off for the examination would be revealed by the UPSC soon. The cut offs are the minimum marks which you would need to score in order to qualify for the CDS examination 2017. Those of you who meet the cut off marks would be able to take part in the next stages of CDS 2017 selection procedure.