Table of Content
Centralized Admission Committee Joint Entrance Test is shortened as CENTAC JET.
Those who are willing to take their admissions in engineering colleges in the Union Territory entrance examination are held by Government of Puducherry, CENTAC (Centralized Admission Committee).
Pondicherry applicants would be chosen for admission on the basis of their marks that have come in HSC from TN board or equivalent exam.
CENTAC conducts admissions for those who are willing to take their admissions in engineering courses where seats are allotted under Government quota in self-finance colleges or institutes.
Through this exam they can get admissions in M.Tech, M.V.Sc and various other courses in the field of engineering, dental and medical courses.
|Exam Name||Centralized Admission Committee Joint Entrance Test|
|Exam Category||National Level|
|Commonly Called as||CENTAC JET|
|Exam Type||Under Graduate Entrance Exam|
Important Dates of CENTAC 2017
The below mentioned are important events and dates for CENTAC JET 2017:
|Application process starts from||2nd week of May 2017|
|Last date of applying online application is by||4th week of May 2017|
|Admit Card will be available||A week prior to the exam
|Examination will be conducted by||1st week of June 2017|
|Result will be declared by||1st week of July 2017|
|Counseling will start from||Last week of July 2017|
Eligibility Criteria for CENTAC 2017
To get eligible in CENTAC JET and study in Union Territory of Pondicherry they are required to meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Indian applicants and French Nationals under the Treaty of Cession are eligible for giving this entrance exam.
- They must pass 12th exam which are held by board of Higher Secondary Exam of TN.
- General category applicants need to obtain at least 45% total marks and reserved category students need to gain at least 40% total marks.
- They should clear their exam having 2 compulsory subjects – Physics and Mathematics along with optional subject – Bio-Technology or Chemistry, Biology or Computer Science (Zoology and Botany).
- Students from other states must have qualified in JEE main 2017.
- Candidates can apply based on the scores of JEE main 2017.
- Their age must not be more than 21 years.
Application Process in CENTAC 2017
- Those who are willing to give CENTAC JET need to fill the application form and pay the registration fees after checking their eligibility.
They need to follow the mentioned below steps:
- The application process begins from 2nd week of May 2017
- They need to fill the application form online and after mentioning all the details properly, they need to take print out of it.
- They need to take application print out and can send the application form along with necessary documents on the official address.
- General category students need to remit Rs. 500/- as application fees (Rs. 750/- for two courses and Rs. 1000/- for three courses) where as reserved category students need to remit Rs. 250/- as application fees (Rs. 375/- for two courses and Rs. 500/- for three courses).
- They have to pay the application fees online only.
- The final date to apply is by 4th week of May 2017.
Registration Fees of CENTAC 2017
- The application fees for CENTAC JET where general category need to pay Rs. 500/- as application fees (Rs. 750/- for 2 courses and Rs. 1000/- for 3 courses) where as reserved category need to pay Rs. 250/- as application fees (Rs. 375/- for 2 courses and Rs. 500/- for 3 courses).
- Applicants have to pay the registration fees online only.
Age Limit for CENTAC 2017
- Their age must not be more than 21 years for appearing this examination.
Exam Pattern for CENTAC 2017
- CENTAC JET would be held by 1st week of June 2017.
The syllabus and exam pattern are mentioned below:
- There would be 3 papers of 2 hours (120 Minutes) each.
- All papers have multiple choice questions (MCQs).
- Paper 1 – Mathematics sections which has 60 questions.
- Paper 2 – Physical Science have 80 questions (40 chemistry set and 40 physics set).
- Paper 3 – Biology has 100 questions (50 Botany and 50 Zoology).
Admit Card for CENTAC 2017
- The admit card of the applicants would be made available on the official website of CENTAC.
- After the declaration of admit card they would be able to download their admit card by filling up the application number.
- They can download and take the print out of their admit card.
- The admit card would be available a week prior to the examination date.
- Note: Admit card would not be sent by post, they are suppose to download their admit card from the official website.
Results of CENTAC 2017
- Every year the entrance exam is held in the month of June and the result of CENTAC JET are announced by 1st week of July 2017.
Counseling Process of CENTAC 2017
- Those who are shortlisted are supposed to login in to the official website and check their counseling dates.
- Those who are selected have to carry their original mark-sheets and certificates at the time of counseling and if they fail to carry their original certificates and mark-sheets their admission would be cancelled.
- Downloaded mark-sheets and certificates would not be accepted.
- The counseling process will begin tentatively by last week of July 2017.