Table of Content
Common Law Admission Test is shortened as CLAT.
Rajiv Gandhi National University Law is shortened as RGNUL. Rajiv Gandhi National University Law Patiala conducts Common Law Admission Test entrance exam.
Applicants can get the admission in different law programs like B.Com LLB, B.Sc LLB and BA LLB.
These courses are of 5 years.
CLAT (Common Law Admission Test) is held by National Law University (NLU) every year.
CLAT is the national level law entrance exam which is held every year.
There are total 2,190 seats which are distributed among 17 participating National Law Universities for admissions to their UG and PG degree programmes.
There are 21 exam centers where Common Law Admission Test exam is held i.e.: Gandhinagar, Dehradun, Haldwani, Gorakhpur, Bangalore, Agra, Gurgaon, Delhi, Imphal, Ghaziabad, Ahmadabad, Cuttack, Guwahati, Allahabad, Chandigarh, Gangtok, Amritsar, Chennai, Hyderabad, Greater Noida, Bhopal.
Exam Name: RGNUL Common Law Admission Test
Exam Category: Under Graduate Entrance Exam
Commonly Known as: CLAT
Exam Level: National Level
The 17 participating NLUs in the order of their year of establishment are:
|Maharashtra National Law University, Mumbai (MNLU)|
|Hidayatullah National Law University, Raipur (HNLU)|
|National Law University Odisha, Cuttack (NLUO)|
|The West Bengal National University of Juridical Sciences, Kolkata (WBNUJS)|
|National Law School of India University, Bangalore (NLSIU)|
|Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law, Punjab (RGNUL)|
|Damodaram Sanjivayya National Law University, Visakhapatnam (DSNLU)|
|Tamil Nadu National Law School, Tiruchirappalli (TNNLS)|
|National Academy of Legal Study and Research University of Law, Hyderabad (NALSAR)|
|Chanakya National Law University, Patna (CNLU)|
|National Law University, Jodhpur (NLUJ)|
|National University of Study and Research in Law, Ranchi (NUSRL)|
|Dr. Ram Manohar Lohiya National Law University, Lucknow (RMLNLU)|
|National Law University and Judicial Academy, Assam (NLUJAA)|
|Gujarat National Law University, Gandhinagar (GNLU)|
|The National Law Institute University, Bhopal(NLIU)|
|The National University of Advanced Legal Studies, Kochi (NUALS)|
Eligibility Criteria for CLAT 2017
To get eligible in CLAT and study in 17 National Law Universities they are required to meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Applicants need to pass 10+2 exam from any well-known board or university.
- General category applicants need to gain at least 45% total marks where as reserved category applicants need to obtain at least 40% total marks.
- There would be no age limit available for this entrance exam.
Application Process in CLAT 2017
- Those who are interested to give CLAT 2017 needs to fill the application form and pay the application fees.
They need to follow the mentioned below steps:
- The application process begins from 1st January, 2017.
- The final date of submitting the application form is by 31st March, 2017.
- They need to fill the online application form where they need to fill the compulsory details.
- General category students need to pay Rs. 4,000/- where as reserved category students need to pay Rs. 3,500/- as application fees.
- They can pay the registration fees through ICICI Bank Challan or online.
Registration Fees of CLAT 2017
- The application fees for CLAT where general category applicants need to pay Rs. 4,000/- where as reserved category applicants need to pay Rs. 3,500/- as registration fees.
- They can remit the fees online or through ICICI Bank Challan.
Exam Pattern for CLAT 2017
CLAT Entrance Exam would be held on 8th May 2017.
The syllabus and exam pattern are given below:
- The exam duration would be of 2 hours (120 Minutes).
- There would be 200 questions available in the paper.
- Each question consists of 1 mark.
- On every accurate answer applicant can obtain 1 mark and on every incorrect answer 0.25 marks would be subtracted.
- There would be questions related to English, Elementary Mathematics, Legal Aptitude and Logical Reasoning, General Knowledge and Current Affairs.
Admit Card for CLAT 2017
- The admit card of the applicants would be available on the official website of CLAT Entrance Exam.
- After the declaration of the admit card they can download the card by filling up the application number.
- They can download and take the print out of their admit card.
- The admit card would be made available a week prior to the examination date.
- Admit card would not be sent by post, applicants have to download their admit card from the official website.
Results of CLAT 2017
- Every year the entrance exam is held in the month of June and the results of CLAT Entrance Exam are announced by 2nd week of July 2017.
Important Dates of CLAT 2017
The below given are important dates for CLAT 2017:
|Online Application process starts from||1st January, 2017|
|Last date of submitting the online application form is||31st March, 2017|
|Admit card will be available||A week prior to the exam|
|Online examination is conducted by||8th May, 2017|
|Results will be declared by||2nd week of June 2017|
|Counseling will start from||1st week of July 216|
Counseling Process of CLAT 2017
- The counseling process will begin tentatively by 1st week of July 2017
- Those who are shortlisted are supposed to login in to the official website and check their counseling dates.
- Candidates who are selected have to get their original mark-sheets and certificates along with them and if they fail to carry their original mark-sheets and certificates their admission would be cancelled.
- Downloaded mark-sheets and certificates would not be accepted.