Table of Content
The Delhi University is situated in the New Delhi, India.
Common Admission Test of English is an entrance examination held by Delhi University for admission to its UG level programme, B.A. English.
The Entrance exam tests applicant’s ability to be eligible for the Under Graduate programme.
The aim of exam is to test candidate’s capability in analytical skills, English language, knowledge and writing ability.
The exam includes 2 papers the Criteria of the exam described below.
Exam Name: Delhi University Common Admission Test of English
Exam Category: Under Graduate Entrance Exam
Commonly Known as: DU CATE
Exam Level: University Level
Eligibility Criteria for DU CATE 2017
- Following is the criteria for CATE of English.
- They must be keen about it.
Go through eligibility criteria mentioned below:
- They should have cleared Higher Secondary Certificate Examination (10+2) or its equivalent, from any well-known national /state Board.
- Candidates are required to pass the qualifying exam with not less than 60% marks in the subject of English.
- General category applicants should have at least 45% marks in the class 12th board exams.
- The eligibility for Other Backward Classes applicants is 40.5%.
- Children/Widows of eligible Armed Forces personnel (CW) would be given a concession of 5% marks in the minimum eligibility requirement; these applicants must have obtained 40% marks in their class 12th board examinations to be eligible for appearing in Common Admission Test.
Application Process of DU CATE 2017
- Those who are interested in writing Delhi University CATE can apply.
- The application form would be made available by last week of May 2017
- They must visit the official website.
- Create id on the official website.
- Enter valid email id and mobile number on the official website.
- After creating your login id, fill up the online application form.
- Upload your color passport size photograph, documents and your digital signature mentioned the application form.
- They have to pay the fee which is mentioned in the next section.
- The final date of submitting the application form is by 2nd week of March 2017.
Registration Fees of DU CATE 2017
- The application fee for Delhi University CATE 2017 is available on the official website.
- Those who are interested can remit the online fees by using either debit card or credit card payment procedure and can also send the DD which is issued by any nationalize bank
Syllabus for Exam pattern for DU CATE 2017
The exam pattern syllabus for Delhi University CATE 2017 is given in following lines:
It covers General English like:
Exam Pattern is as follows.
It is divided into 2 parts:
- The part 1 of DU CATE consists of objective type questions.
- There would be no negative marking in the entrance test.
- Only those who have passed the part 1 paper are eligible for 2nd part of the entrance test.
- The 2nd part include only descriptive/subjective type questions.
Admit Card for DU CATE 2017
- Those who have applied for the DU CATE should stay connected with the official website for release of admit cards.
- Most probably the admit cards would be announced in the last week of May.
- Once the admit cards are announced enter your registered ID and password to download it and carry while going to exam.
Results of DU CATE 2017
- Every year the CATE of English is held in the month of June and the results would be announced by after the exam.
- The results of the candidates would be made available on the official website where candidates can mention their application number and can check their results.
- Mostly the result would be declared in the last week of June.
Important dates for DU CATE 2017
Those who satisfy of DU CATE of English 2017 the above mentioned criteria are eligible for exam:
|Starting date to apply starts from||1st week of May 2017|
|Last date to apply ends in||Last week of May 2017|
|Exam is conducted in the||1st month of June 2017|
|Declaration of results after||1st week of exam 2017|