Table of Content
- What is NEW in GATE 2017?
- GATE 2017 Exam Dates
- GATE 2017 Exam Schedule
- GATE 2017 Login & Registration
- GATE Application Form Correction
- GATE 2017 Eligibility Criteria
- GATE 2017 Exam Pattern
- GATE 2017 Counselling Procedure
- GATE 2017 Answer Keys
- GATE 2017 Admit Card
- GATE 2017 Results
GATE 2017 Login & Registration – Application Form, Exam Date, Admit Card, Answer Key, Results @ www.gate.iitr.ernet.in – GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering) is mutually regulated by the 7 IITs (Delhi, Bombay, Kanpur, Guwahati, Madras, Kharagpur and Roorkee) and IISC on a rotational basis. GATE 2017 exam is organized by IIT Roorkee. The examination is conducted in order to provide admission into M.Tech/M.E programs which are offered by the IITs, NITs, GFTI and many other private institutions. You would be able to attain direct admission into Ph.D. program through GATE Score. A number of public and private companies consider the GATE score card for recruitment purpose. For more details and updates regarding GATE 2017 including the registration process, eligibility criteria, application form and exam dates.
Latest News on GATE 2017
February 16, 2017 – GATE 2017: Answer keys to be released on Feb 27, results on March 27
February 16, 2017 – Tata Institute of Fundamental Research Invites Application For PhD Admission through GATE 2017, Apply Till April 9
January 23, 2017 – GATE 2017 is a great way to get hired by a top company
What is NEW in GATE 2017?
|Centre:-||Dibrugarh (IIT Guwahati Zone), Burdwan (IIT Guwahati Zone) and Gorakhpur (IIT Kanpur Zone) has been added as new centers by the authority.|
|New Paper: –||The XE paper now has a new section on Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences (section H). With this, the number of sections in the XE paper has improved to eight (A-H).|
|GATE for International Candidates: –||GATE 2017 examination would be conducted for international candidates in Ethiopia, Bangladesh, Nepal, Sri Lanka, Singapore and United Arab Emirates (U.A.E).|
GATE 2017 Exam Dates
Below we have mentioned the GATE 2017 exam dates which are scheduled by IIT Roorkee. The exam dates are mentioned below:
|Application Form Start Date||1st September, 2016|
|Application Form Last Date||10th October, 2016 (extended)|
|Request for Change in City Last Date||16th November, 2016|
|Correction in Application Form||15th to 26th November, 2016|
|Admit Card Issue Date||5th January 2017|
|GATE 2017 Online Exam Date (CBT)||4, 5 & 11, 12 February 2017|
|Official Answer Key release||27th February 2017|
|Challange Answer Key||3rd – 6th March 2017|
|GATE 2017 Result Announcement Date||27th March, 2017|
|Availability of Score Card||27th March to 26th May 2017|
GATE 2017 Exam Schedule
|4th February 2017||Saturday||9.00 a.m. – 12.00 p.m.||1||ME, AR, TF|
|4th February 2017||Saturday||2.00 p.m. – 5.00 p.m.||2||ME, AG, GG|
|5th February 2017||Sunday||9.00 a.m. – 12.00 p.m.||3||EC, BT, CY, EY, PI|
|5th February 2017||Sunday||2.00 p.m. – 5.00 p.m.||4||EC, AE, MA, MT, PE, PH|
|11th February 2017||Saturday||9.00 a.m. – 12.00 p.m.||5||CS, EE|
|11th February 2017||Saturday||2.00.p.m – 5.00 p.m.||6||CS, EE|
|12th February 2017||Sunday||9.00 a.m.- 12.00 p.m.||7||CE, CH, MN|
|12th February 2017||Sunday||2.00 p.m.- 5.00 p.m.||8||CE, IN, XE, XL|
GATE 2017 Login & Registration
- The GATE 2017 Registration would be available via online mode only.
- You can complete your registration process through GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS)
- The application forms would be tentatively be released on 1st September 2016 and the last date to submit the application forms would be on 10th October 2016.
- You need to fill up your personal details online.
- You would then have to upload the certificates from the principal, scanned signature and photograph.
- The application fees can be paid either through net banking or debit card or e-challan.
GATE Application Form Correction
If at all you make any mistakes in your filled up application form:
- You can make the correction in the application form during the correction period which would be on 20th October 2016.
- The scrutiny of applications of candidates has begun.
- Only those of you who are contacted by email and SMS, you need to be rectified in signature/photo/TI/documents-degree,ST/SC/PwD.
- A reconfirmation on successful applications of candidates would be notified by email and SMS after the 2nd week of October 2016.
- Minor mistakes in the Name and Date of Birth can be changed later on by candidates to be notified by the officials.
- The correction window would open on 20th October 2016.
You would be able to make changes in the following:
- PWD Status
- Change of City
- Exam Paper
The fee structure is as follows:
|For women/SC/ST/PWD||Rs 750/-|
|Other Candidates||Rs 1500/-|
GATE 2017 Eligibility Criteria
Those of you who are satisfying the eligibility conditions mentioned below would be eligible to appear for GATE 2017. You would be able to match the eligibility with the conditions mentioned below:
|Qualifying Degree||Qualifying Degree/Examination||Description of Eligible Candidates||Year of Qualification cannot be later than|
|B.E/B.Tech/B.Pharma||Bachelor’s degree holders in Engineering/ Technology (4-years after 10+2 or 3 years after Diploma in Engineering/Technology) and those who are in the final year of such programs||Currently in the final year or already completed||2017|
|B.Arch||Bachelor’s degree holders of Architecture (Five years course)||Currently in the final year or already completed||2017|
|B.Sc (Research)/B.S||Bachelor’s degree in Science (Post-Diploma/4 years after 10+2)||Currently in the 4th year or already completed||2017|
|M.Sc/MA/MCA or equivalent||Master’s degree in any of the stream Science/Mathematics/Statistics/Computer Applications or equivalent||Currently in the 4th year or already completed||2017|
|Int. M.E/M.Tech (Post-B.Sc)||Post-BSc Integrated Master’s degree programs in Engineering/Technology (Four years program)||Currently in the 2nd/3rd/ 4th year or already completed||2019|
|Int. M.E/M.Tech or Dual Degree (after Diploma or 10+2)||Integrated Master’s degree program or Dual Degree program in Engineering / Technology (Five years program)||Currently in the 4th/5thyear or already completed||2018|
|Int. M.Sc/Int. B.S-M.S||Integrated M.Sc. or Five years integrated B.S.- M.S. program||Currently in the 4th year or already completed||2017|
|Professional Society Examinations (equivalent to B.E/B.Tech/B.Arch)||B.E/B.Tech/B.Arch equivalent examinations of Professional Societies, recognized by MHRD/UPSC/AICTE (e.g., AMIE by Institution of Engineers-India, AMICE by the Institute of Civil Engineers-India)||Finished section A or equivalent of such professional courses|
GATE 2017 Exam Pattern
|Courses:||Engineering courses (M.Tech/ME)|
|No. of Papers:||Only one paper of GATE consisting of 100 marks|
|No. of Questions:||65 questions of objective type and numerical answer type (NAT)|
|Mode:||Online Computer Based Test (CBT)|
|Answering:||There is no choice provided for NAT questions as the answers to such questions will be entered manually using the virtual keyboard provided on the computer screen at the time of examination.|
GATE 2017 Counselling Procedure
The counseling of GATE would be organized by the Centralized Counselling for M.Tech/M.Plan/M.Arch (CCMT). Through counseling, you would be admitted to IISC, NITs, IITDM. After the results are announced, the counseling procedure would be scheduled. The IITS also organized their own counseling in order to provide admission. The seats would be allotted based on the scorecard that contains the performance of the individuals.
GATE 2017 Answer Keys
How to check the answer key?
- First, you need to visit the official website of GATE 2017
- Then you need to click on ‘Download GATE 2017 Answer Keys’
- Then you would have to enter all the details such as application number, password and click on Login
- The answer key would be displayed
- You can check the answer keys and then save it.
GATE 2017 Admit Card
- The GATE 2017 admit card can be downloaded only by those of you whose forms are accepted. You would be able to get the admit card/ hall ticket as per the time table mentioned.
- You need to carry at least one original and valid photo id along with the GATE 2017 admit card. For International candidates, a valid Passport ONLY would be accepted as the recognized identification.
- Kindly note that the photo ID details needs to be the same as mentioned in your application form.
- You can bring your college ID or employee ID having your photograph. If that is not available, you can bring your driving license or passport or Voter ID or PAN card or Aadhar UID.
- In case you are not able to get any of the above mentioned, then you would have to get a notarized affidavit along with your photo, signature, date of birth and residential address.
GATE 2017 Results
The GATE 2017 Results would be uploaded on the official website of GATE. You would be able to check out the results on 27th March 2017.