Table of Content
GCET 2017 is also recognized as Goa Common Entrance Test which is the state level CET held by the Directorate of Technical Education (DTE) Goa.
The test is held for admission into different UG professional degree courses like Engineering, Architecture and Medical.
Every year large number of individuals who are interested in the above given courses appear for the GCET exam, the exam is organized every year in the month of may for admission into the government and private engineering and medical colleges situated in Goa state.
Here in this article we would provide you complete details like GCET application form; admit card, counseling, exam pattern, exam dates, exam centers, results, eligibility criteria etc.
|GCET 2017 Exam Summary|
|Exam Name||Goa Common Entrance Test|
|Commonly called as||Goa CET / GCET|
|Conducting Institute||Directorate of Technical Education, Goa|
|Exam Category||Under Graduate Level|
|Exam Type||State Level|
GCET 2017 Eligibility Criteria
- Eligibility Criteria of Goa Common Entrance Test 2017 is prescribed by Directorate of Technical Education Goa.
- Admissions to engineering programmes in Goa would be open to Indian nationals.
- Non-resident Indians holding Indian passport may also apply for seats reserved under Non-Resident Indian category.
- There would be no age limit, minimum or maximum, is specified for admissions of engineering individuals.
- You need to have cleared Higher Secondary School Certificate (class 12th) examination of Goa Board of Secondary and Higher Secondary Education or its equivalent exam with Mathematics, Physics and as compulsory subjects with 1 of the following subjects Biology/ Computer Science/ Bio-Technology/Chemistry.
GCET 2017 Exam Dates
|Availability of application starts (Form A)||March 2017|
|Receiving of application form & collecting admit cards||March 2017|
|Last date of applications and collecting admit cards||April 2017|
|Last date of applications and collecting admit cards (with late fee of Rs. 1000/-)||April 2017|
|GCET Exam||May, 2017|
|Result date||May 2017|
|Submission of application form for admission (Form B) & with necessary enclosures||May 2017|
|Last date for receiving forms for Admission (FORM B/B1) at
|Display of Eligibility List at Admission Centre||June, 2017|
|Last date for compliance with deficiencies in eligibility||June, 2017|
|Display of Provisional Merit List at Admission Centre||June, 2017|
|Display of Final Merit List at Admission Centre||June, 2017|
|First round of admission||June, 2017|
|Second round of admission||July, 2017|
|Special Round of Admission to fill vacant seats in MBBS/BDS Courses||October 2017|
GCET 2017 Exam Pattern
You need to know the exam pattern of Goa CET exam as it is very important, for securing good rank in the exam.
The exam pattern is discussed below:
- The exam includes 4 papers from Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics and Physics.
- There would be 75 questions from each section, carrying 1 mark each.
- Each paper would be of 2 hour.
- There would be no negative marking in the exam.
- The question paper would come from the syllabus of class 11th and 12th.
GCET 2017 Syllabus
You can check below topic-wise Syllabus of GCET 2017 of all subjects-
|Electromagnetic induction and alternating currents|
|Dual nature of matter and radiation|
|Atoms and nuclei|
|Magnetic effects of current and magnetism|
|Vectors and three-dimensional geometry|
|Relations and functions|
|Haloalkanes and haloarenes|
|D and F block elements|
|Chemistry in everyday life|
|Alcohols, phenols and ethers|
|Organic compounds containing nitrogen|
|General principles and processes of isolation of elements|
|Aldehydes, ketones and carboxylic acids|
GCET 2017 Admit Card
- Admit Card of GCET 2017 can be composed by you from specified locations on the day of application form submission.
- You are issued the hall ticket in person only.
- You need to generate ‘Photo Admit Cards’ of GCET 2017 for appearing in the exam at the chosen exam centre.
- You should check photo and other information including personal particulars and exam centre and notify Directorate of Technical Education (DTE) office in case of any inconsistency.
GCET 2017 Participating Institutes
You can check below names of Participating Institutes of GCET 2017:
- Don Bosco College of Engineering
- Goa Engineering College, Farmagudi
- Shree Rayeshwar Institute of Engineering and Info Tech
- Angel Institute of Technology and Design
- Padre Conceicao College of Engineering
GCET Result 2017
- The Goa CET exam is held yearly for offering admissions in various professional programmes in different fields like engineering, technology, medical and many more.
- The Goa Common Entrance Test Result 2017 would be provided by the authority through the official website.
How to Download the GCET 2017 Result
To download the result of GCET exam 2017, you need to follow some simple steps which are mentioned below:
- You need to check the Notification marked with “New” (See above)
- You need to click on “Click Here” link mentioned above.
- You would be redirected to the result page.
- You need to check your “Roll Code” & “Roll No.”.
- Your result would appear on your computer screen.
GCET 2017 Counselling
- Counselling and seat allocation process for Goa CET (GCET) 2017 is held by DTE Goa simply on the basis of merit list/rank list of Goa CET 2017 which purely means that an individual’s performance in the CET would be the only basis to get admission in the universities and engineering colleges of Goa.
- Before you appear for counselling process, you need to check that you fulfill all the Eligibility circumstances of Goa CET 2017.
- If you fail to fulfill with any of the circumstances, his/her application can get cancelled at any stage.
- You need to appear in the process of document verification during Goa Common Entrance Test 2017 Counselling.
- You need to make sure the authenticity of all the documents before appearing for the counselling.
You have to bring the following documents in original along with 1 set of photocopies:
- Certificate of Eligibility from Goa University (for applicants other than Goa Board)
- Class 12th passing certificate or statement of marks
- Certificate to claim reserved category
- School/college leaving certificate
- Acknowledgement card of GCET 2017 with photograph
- GCET 2016 Admit Card
- Copies of photograph identical to that of affixed on the Application Form of GCET 2017
- Certificate for proof of Date of Birth (class 10th Certificate)
- Documents to claim relaxation in the period of residence (if applicable)
- Income Certificate (For Tuition Fee Waiver)
- Residence Certificate