Table of Content
GITAM GAT is online computer exam which is held for applicants who are willing to take admission in UG and PG Technology and Pharmacy programs.
GITAM Admission Test is shortened as GAT.
GITAM University is at Visakhapatam, Bangalore and Hyderabad Campuses.
They can get admission to degree courses in Technology and Engineering as well as Architecture.
GITAM GAT is held by GITAM University where applicants can get admission in B.Tech and Dual degree courses in Engineering at different campuses.
The B.Tech degree courses are of 4 years which includes Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering or Mechanical Engineering or Electronics and Communication Engineering or Civil Engineering or Information Technology or Computer Science and Engineering or Industrial Engineering or Aeronautical Engineering or Electrical and Electronics Engineering or Biotechnology.
Bachelor of Architecture is of 5 years course and Dual degree of M.Tech and B.Tech of 6 years.
Exam Name: GITAM University Admission Test
Exam Type: Under Graduate Entrance Exam
Commonly Called as: GITAM GAT
Exam Category: University Level
Eligibility Criteria for GITAM GAT 2017
To get eligible in GITAM Admission Test and study in this GITAM University they are required to meet the following eligibility criteria:
- They need to pass 10+2 or equivalent exam from well-known board.
- They must obtain at least 60% total marks in Mathematics, Chemistry and Physics.
- For getting admission in Biotechnology applicants need to gain at least 60% total marks in Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics and Physics.
- Arch applicants should be NATA qualified.
- Applicant’s age must be more than 17 years to appear for the entrance exam.
Application Process in GITAM GAT 2017
- Those who are interested to give GITAM Admission Test needs to fill the application form and pay the application fees.
They need to follow the mentioned below steps:-
- The application form starts from 1st week of December 2017.
- They need to fill the application form which is made available on the official website.
- Applicants are supposed to get the print out of the application form after filling the compulsory details.
- Male students need to pay Rs. 1,000/- as application fees where as female applicants need to pay Rs. 600/- as application fees.
- They need to pay the application fee through DD in the name of “GITAM University” which is payable at Visakhapatnam.
- They need to send the application form along with the DD through post on the mentioned below address:
Director – Admissions, GITAM University, Rushikonda, Gandhi Nagar Campus, Visakhapatnam – 530045, AP.
- Last date to submit the application form is by the last week of March 2017.
Registration Fees of GITAM GAT 2017
- The application fees for GITAM Admission Test where male applicants need to pay Rs. 1,000/- where as female applicants need to pay Rs. 600/-.
- They can pay the application fee through DD in the name of “GITAM University” which is payable at Visakhapatnam.
Age Limit for GITAM GAT 2017
- Their age must be more than 17 years to apply for GITAM GAT Entrance Exam.
Exam Pattern for GITAM GAT 2017
- GITAM Admission Test would be held from 3rd week of April 2017 to 2nd week of May 2017.
The syllabus and exam pattern are mentioned below:
- GITAM GAT is conducted online.
- Exam duration would be of 2 hours (120 Minutes).
- There would be multiple choice questions (MCQs) which would be related to 3 subjects of Chemistry, Physics and Mathematics.
- Biotechnology applicants need to attempt Biology instead of Mathematics.
- There would be total 100 questions and total 300 marks paper.
- On every right answer applicants can get 3 marks and on incorrect answer 1 mark would be deducted.
- There would be 40 questions of Biology or Mathematics, 30 questions each for Chemistry and Physics.
Admit Card for GITAM GAT 2017
- The admit card would be made available on the official website of GITAM University.
- After the declaration of the admit card the applicants can download their admit card by filling up the application number.
- They can download and take the print out of their admit card.
- The admit card would be available by 2nd week of April 2017.
- Admit card would not be sent by post, applicants are suppose to download their admit card from the official website.
Results of GITAM GAT 2017
- Every year the entrance exam is held where the results are announced by 3rd week of May 2017.
Important Dates of GITAM GAT 2017
The below mentioned are important events and dates for GITAM Admission Test 2017:
|The application form starts from||1st week of December 2017|
|Last date to submit the application form is by||Last week of March 2017|
|Admit card will be provided by||2nd week of April 2017|
|Entrance examination will be conducted from||3rd week of April 2017 to 2nd week of May 2017|
|Results will be declared by||3rd week of May 2017|
|Counseling process will start by||2nd week of July 2017|
Counseling Process of GITAM GAT 2017
- Candidates who are shortlisted are supposed to login in to the official website and check their counseling dates.
- Those who are selected have to carry their original certificates and mark-sheets along with them at the time of counseling and if they fail to get their original certificates and mark-sheets their admission would be cancelled.
- Downloaded mark-sheets and certificates would not be accepted.
- The counseling process will begin tentatively by 2nd week of July 2017.