Table of Content
- JEE Advanced 2017 Eligibility Criteria
- JEE Advanced 2017 Application Form Registration
- JEE Advanced 2017 Syllabus
- JEE Advanced 2017 Exam Pattern
- JEE Advanced 2017 Admit Card
- JEE Advanced 2017 Counseling and Seat Allotment
- JEE Advanced 2017 Exam Dates
- JEE Advanced 2017 Result
JEE Advanced 2017 is the 2nd level entrance examination for admissions to all 23 Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs).
The results of JEE Advanced 2017 have been declared by Indian Institutes of Technology Guwahati on 12th June.
As per the results of Joint Entrance Examination Advanced 2017, Rajasthan boy Aman Bansal has bagged All India Rank 1 among 36,566 those of you who have qualified JEE Advanced 2017 for admissions to Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs).
Joint Seat Allocation Authority (JoSAA) 2017, the counseling and seat allotment authority for Indian Institutes of Technology (IIT) admissions, had launched on 18th June with ‘seat withdrawal option’.
However, the counseling authority has not announced the business rules yet.
Indian Institutes of Technology (IIT) admissions would be offered through Joint Seat Allocation Authority (JoSAA) 2017 counseling, which include 22 Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs) and ISM Dhanbad.
Apart from Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs), Joint Seat Allocation Authority would organize conduct joint counseling and seat allotment for 31 NITs, 18 Other Government Funded Technical Institutes (Other-GFTIs) and 20 Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs).
Exam Name: Joint Entrance Exam (Advanced)
Commonly called as: JEE Advanced
Exam category: Under Graduate Level
Conducting IIT for 2017: IIT Guwahati
Exam type: National
IIT Zones: IIT Bombay, IIT Kanpur, IIT Delhi, IIT Guwahati, IIT Kharagpur, IIT Roorkee and IIT Madras
JEE Advanced 2017 Eligibility Criteria
Those of you who are interested in appearing for this national level engineering entrance exam shall fulfill the specified eligibility requirements before filling application form.
Only top 2 lakh individuals of JEE Main are eligible to appear for JEE Advanced.
An individual, including a foreign national, must satisfy each and every one of the following five criteria to appear in this exam-
|Criterion 1-||Performance in JEE Main 2017|
|Criterion 2-||Number of Attempts|
|Criterion 3-||Age Limit|
|Criterion 4-||Earlier admission at IITs/ISM|
|Criterion 5-||Appearance in Class XII (or equivalent) examination|
JEE Advanced 2017 Application Form Registration
- You can now fill the Application Form to appear in JEE Advanced 2017, from April 2017.
- You need to register online for appearing in the exam.
- Only those of you can fill the application form whose scores are equal or above the JEE Main 2017 Cutoff marks specified for JEE Advanced.
- Also, you are required to fulfill particular eligibility criteria before registering online.
The online registration process of JEE Advanced 2017 includes following three steps-
- Filling registration form
- Uploading Scanned Certificates
- Paying Registration Fee
JEE Advanced 2017 Application Fees-
|Examination centre’s in India|
|Examination centre: Dubai|
|All categories||USD 220||USD 220||USD 220|
JEE Advanced 2017 Syllabus
Syllabus of the entrance exam would be prescribed by the conducting Indian Institutes of Technology.
It would cover topics from Chemistry, Physics and Mathematics with which question paper would be prepared.
Those of you who are appearing for JEE Advanced shall prepare these predetermined subject-wise topics thoroughly in order to gain good marks.
Some of the important subject-wise topics are as follows-
- Chemistry- Includes topics under Organic Chemistry, Inorganic Chemistry and Physical Chemistry
- Mathematics- Includes topics under Differential Calculus, Algebra, Trigonometry, Integral Calculus and Vectors and Analytical Geometry
- Physics- Includes General Topics, Electricity and Magnetism, Optics and Modern Physics, Mechanics and Thermal Physics
JEE Advanced 2017 Exam Pattern
- The exam pattern of JEE Advanced national level engineering entrance examination is not fixed and changes year by year.
- However, a few elements in the exam pattern are usually fixed.
- There are a total of two papers (paper 1 & 2) and you have to appear for both.
- The question paper includes 3 separate sections viz., Mathematics, Chemistry and Physics.
- It is available in 2 languages – Hindi and English.
- You have to attempt objective type (MCQs) and numerical answer type questions that are intended to test your analytical ability, reasoning and comprehension.
- Some sections carry negative marking.
JEE Advanced 2017 Sample Papers
Sample Papers available for practice are similar to the actual question paper of JEE Advanced national level engineering examination.
You can download these model papers and practice anytime as per their convenience.
Practicing these Sample Papers would help you in knowing their weak and strong areas.
The Sample Papers would also aid you with the information of types of questions.
Those of you appearing for the examination can download and practice Sample Papers of Mathematics, Chemistry and Physics of previous years.
JEE Advanced 2017 Admit Card
The Admit Card of JEE Advanced 2017 shall available now, from May 2017.
Those who are appearing for JEE Advanced national level exam have to download it online and provide this identity proof at the exam centre.
The Admit Card of JEE Advanced would be handed over to you at the exam hall after verification.
There is no provision of dispatch of admit cards by other means.
The hall ticket of JEE Advanced is a crucial document to be kept safe till the admissions are completed.
You need to login first to download hall ticket/admit card using their JEE Advanced 2017 registration number.
The Admit Card of JEE Advanced 2017 carries the following info-
- Name of candidate
- Photograph of candidate
- Category of candidate
- JEE Advanced roll number
- Name and address of exam centre allotted
- Date of birth
- Candidate’s signature
JEE Advanced 2017 Counseling and Seat Allotment
JEE Advanced 2017 Counseling and Seat Allotment would be conducted by JoSAA for offering admissions to IITs and ISM Dhanbad from June to July tentatively.
The number of seats for admissions at these prestigious institutes would be decided once the participating institutes would offer the seat matrix.
JEE Advanced 2017 Exam Dates
IIT Guwahati has declared the detailed schedule of exam.
The important dates would include schedule of entrance exam, seat allotment, application form, result, answer key, counseling and admit card.
Complete timetable of the entrance examination can be checked below-
|JEE Advanced 2017 Events||Dates|
|Online Registration/Application availability||April 2017|
|Online Registration/Application closes||May 2017|
|Downloading JEE Advanced 2017 Admit Card||May 2017|
|JEE Advanced 2017 Exam
|Online Display of ORS||June 2017|
|Request for Review of Responses||June to May 2017|
|Feedback for candidates on Answer Keys||June 2017|
|Online display of Answer Keys
|Declaration of JEE Advanced 2017 Result||June 2017|
|Online Registration for Architecture Aptitude Test||June to May 2017|
|Architecture Aptitude Test||June 2017|
|Online declaration of results of Architecture Aptitude Test||June 2017|
|Seat Allotment (Tentative)||June to July 2017|
JEE Advanced 2017 Result
The Result of JEE Advanced 2017 shall been announced on June 2017 by Joint Admission Board (JAB).
Along with the score secured by you, Joint Admission Board (JAB) has also announced the All India Ranks (AIR) through the JEE Advanced Result 2017.
Candidates can check their All India Rank (AIR) and Category Wise Ranks online.
JEE Advanced AAT result shall been announced on June 2017.
The JEE Advanced AAT result 2017 would facilitate admission to Bachelor of Architecture Programmes.
How to check JEE Advanced 2017 Result?
Candidates need to check JEE Advanced Result 2017 by following these simple steps:
- Candidates need to click on the link given below or visit the result window.
- Candidates need to enter your JEE Advanced 2017 registration number, mobile number, email Id and date of birth.
- Candidates must click on the “Submit” button.
- After clicking on the submit button your JEE Advanced 2017 result and AIR would be displayed on your computer screen.
JEE Main 2017 Cutoff for different category candidates
|Cutoff Score for appearing in JEE Advanced 2017|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||52|
|Other Backward Class (OBC-NCL)||70|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||48|