Table of Content
JEE Mains 2017 Application Form, Exam Date, Answer Key, Admit Card, Result @ Jeemain.nic.in – JEE Main 2017 exam is the most chosen exam among the students of India. Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) is a two tier examination (Main & Advanced) which is regulate by CBSE Board. You would be able to get admissions into B.Tech/B.Arch programs which are offered by IIITs, NITs and other engineering institutions through JEE Main exam while IITs offer these courses through JEE Advanced exam. JEE Main exam is also considered as a qualifying exam inorder to appear for JEE Advanced exam. Below we have mentioned the complete information of JEE Main 2017 consisting of its application form, eligibility, exam pattern and syllabus.
JEE Main 2017 Application Form
- You need to fill up the JEE Main 2017 Application Form through online process only and no other modes would be entertained to fill up and submit the application form.
- The application form would tentatively be released in the first week of December 2016.
- You can submit only one application form. More than one application form filling would lead to rejection.
- You do not need to send the printed application form to the CBSE Board.
- The application fee payment can be made through two modes: Online mode through debit or credit card and offline mode through e-challan of Canara/ICICI/Syndicate/HDFC Bank.
- Below we have mentioned the JEE Main 2017 application fee criteria:
|Papers||Pen & Paper Based Test||Online mode|
|Appearing||General/OBCs (Boys)||SC/ST/PWD/All Girls||General/OBCs||SC/ST/PWD/Girls|
|For examination centres opted in India|
|Paper 1 or 2||1000||500||500||250|
|Paper 1 and 2 both||1800||900||1300||650|
|For examination centres opted in foreign country|
|Paper 1 or 2||2500||1250||2500||1250|
|Paper 1 and 2 both||3800||1900||3800||1900|
JEE Main Application Form Correction:
- You would have a chance to make corrections in the application form.
- The correction period would be announced for one week in the second half of January 2017.
- Once the correction period is over no further corrections in the application form would be entertained.
- Only selected and permitted entries can be modified.
JEE Main 2017 Exam Dates
|Official notification release||November, 2016|
|Application form release||first week of December, 2016|
|Application form correction window||one week in the second half of January, 2017|
|Release of Admit Card||first week of March, 2017|
|JEE Main offline exam (Pen and Paper Based exam)||first week of April, 2017|
|JEE Main online exam (Computer Based exam)||second week of April, 2017|
|Result declaration||last week of April, 2017|
|Counselling schedule||first week of July, 2017|
JEE Main 2017 Eligibility Criteria
In order to apply you need to make sure you are eligible, hence below we have mentioned the complete JEE Main 2017 Eligibility Criteria:
- You need to be born on or after 1st October 1992 for general category individual whereas for ST, SC and PwD candidates you need to be born on or after 1st October 1987.
- Those of you who are appearing/cleared class 12th or its equivalent exam in 2015 or 2016 with PCM would be eligible to apply.
- Those of you who have cleared class 12th or its equivalent exam in 2014 would not be eligible to apply.
- You need to have a minimum of 5subjects in class 12th or its equivalent examination.
- You would be able to appear for JEE Main exam for a maximum of 3 times only.
- Those of you who have a 3years Diploma would also be eligible to apply.
JEE Main 2017 Exam Pattern
The JEE Main 2017 exam pattern for Paper I and Paper II is mentioned below:
JEE Main Paper I:
- Courses:It is organized for engineering courses (BE/B.Tech).
- Number of Questions:It consist of 90 MCQ (Multiple Choice Questions).
- Subjects:The paper would be asked from subjects as Chemistry, Physics and Mathematics.
- Language:English, Hindi (You can select while filling the application form)
- Mode:It will be commenced via both; offline & online mode.
- Duration:3 hours. (4 hours for candidates having 40% or more disability)
- Marking Scheme:4 marks for every correct response.
- Negative Marking:1 mark would be deducted for every incorrect response or multi-responses.
JEE Main Paper II:
- Courses:It is organized for Architecture course. (B.Arch).
- Number of Questions:It consists of 82 questions (MCQs) out of which 30 questions are from mathematics, 50 questions are from aptitude test and 2 questions (descriptive) of drawing test.
- Subjects:The paper would be asked from subjects as Aptitude, Mathematics, Drawing.
- Language:English, Hindi (You can select while filling up the application form)
- Mode:It would be commenced via offline mode.
- Duration:3 hours (4 hours for the candidates having 40% or more disability)
- Marking Scheme:4 marks for each correct response (2 questions of drawing would carry 70 marks).
- Negative Marking:1 mark would be deducted from each incorrect or multi-responses.
JEE Main 2017 Syllabus
Before preparing for exam, you would be advised to gather complete information regarding JEE Main Syllabus 2017. JEE Main 2017 syllabus would consists of paper 1 and paper 2 syllabus. JEE main paper 1 would be asked for the B.Tech (Engineering) while paper 2 would be asked for architecture (B.Arch).
JEE Main Paper 1 Syllabus:
The JEE main paper 1 would consist of all theory topics of 3 subjects which are chemistry, physics and mathematics.
JEE Main Paper 2 Syllabus:
The JEE Main paper 2 is separated into 3 parts i.e aptitude test, mathematics and drawing test.
JEE Main 2017 Admit Card
There are 3 key points related to JEE Main 2017 Admit Card; and they are as follows:
- You would need to present JEE Main Admit Card 2017 on the day of the exam. Center invigilator would not let any of you to appear for the JEE Mains 2017 without the hall ticket.
- To be able to get admit card of JEE Main 2017, you require application number and password. Once the CBSE issues hall tickets, reach admit card download page. There you would have to enter application number and password as login credentials. Once you log in, you can first enter class 12th board roll number and then proceed and download the hall ticket.
- It is the responsibility of test takers to verify that all details in JEE Main Admit Card 2017 are correct. The document contains important details like name, DOB, paper, gender, test center, state code of eligibility.
JEE Main 2017 Result
The results would be tentatively declared in the last week of April 2017. You can check the result from the official website. You need to enter your roll number and date of birth and then clucj the submit button in order to generate your score card. After the results are declared, a merit list would be prepared based on the JEE Main Score. From the year 2017 board marks would not be taken into account for preparing for JEE main merit but those of you who wish to take admission into IIIT’s, IIT’s, CFTI’s, NIT’s need to score a minimum of 75% in class 12th board exam.
JEE Main 2017 Cut-off
The cut off is the minimum score which is required by you in order to get admission in the top colleges of the country. Various factors such as number of students appearing for the exam, difficulty level of exam, etc are taken into consideration for deciding the JEE Main 2017 Cut-off. Below we have mentioned the cut off on the basis of the previous year analysis:
JEE Main 2017 Counselling
You would be called for counseling process based on the rank obtained in the merit list. The JEE Main 2017 Counselling would begin tentatively in the first week of July 2017. The counseling would be handled by Joint Seat Allocation Authority (JoSAA). The counseling is separated into a number of rounds. After each round allotment result would be announced individually.