Table of Content
- KCET 2017 (Medical/ Engineering) Exam Dates
- KCET 2017 (Medical/ Engineering) Eligibility Criteria
- KCET 2017 (Medical/ Engineering) Application Form
- KCET 2017 (Medical/ Engineering) Admit Card
- KCET 2017 Form Correction
- KCET 2017 Exam Pattern
- KCET 2017 Result
- KCET 2017 Counselling
KCET 2017 is held as a state level entrance exam for admission of Karnataka and wards of JK migrants’ individuals to different Under Graduate courses on government seats offered by many governments, private and aided institutions in Karnataka.
The exam is organised by the Karnataka Examinations Authority (KEA) under the flag of Karnataka University.
KCET 2017 would offer the government share of seats in Engineering, Architecture, Ayurveda, Naturopathy, Medical, Unani, Dental, Yoga, Technology, Homeopathy and Farm Science courses i.e., BHSc.(Home Science),B.Sc. (Sericulture), B.Tech (Food Technology), B.FSc (Fisheries), B.Sc (Horticulture), B.Pharma, B.Sc. (Agriculture), B.Sc. (Agri. Marketing & Co-Op) , B.Sc (Forestry), B.Tech (Agri.Engg), B.Tech (Food Science & Tech), B.Sc. Agri Bio Tech, B.Tech (Dairy Tech) and Pharma-D courses.
Latest News on KCET 2017
- March 14, 2017 – Candidates can now edit online applications at the official portal of KCET 2017, the correction window of application for will be from 14th March 2017 to 31st March 2017.
- March 4, 2017 – Registration date extended, the last date for submission of online application has been extended for Karnataka CET 2017. Candidates can now submit their application on or before 8 March 2017.
- December 14, 2016 – The Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA) declared on its official website the schedule and time table of the Common Entrance Test (KCET 2017) to be held for admission to various courses available in the next academic year.
KCET 2017 (Medical/ Engineering) Exam Dates
You need to note down the important dates of KECT 2017 so that you can appear in the exam successfully:
|Date of Notification||9th January 2017|
|Commencement of Entry of Application Online||13th January 2017|
|Last date to enter application details online||13th January 2017|
|Last date to pay the application fees in the bank||15th February 2017|
|Date of downloading of Admission Tickets by all the eligible Applicants||21st April to 30th April 2017|
|DATE OF COMMON ENTRANCE TEST 2017||4th May and 5th May 2017|
|Date of Kannada language Test: (ONLY for Horanadu and Gadinadu
|6th May 2017|
|Date of publication of ‘CET 2017’ Provisional Answer Key||9th May 2017|
|Verification of Documents for Agriculturist at the respective Practical Test Centre’s||12th May to 18th May 2017|
|Last date for submission of objections, if any, regarding Answer Key||13th May 2017|
|Last date for appearing to NATA||20th May 2017|
|The last date for submission of NATA scores along with a copy of the 2nd PU/12th Std marks card to KEA||24th May 2017|
|Date of publication of CET – 2017 Results along with applied Answer Key||28th May 2017|
|Verification of documents for Special Category i.e. physically Disabled, NCC and Sports||1st June to 9th June 2017|
|Online verification/Verification of Documents at Helpline Centers||3rd June to 20th June 2017|
KCET 2017 (Medical/ Engineering) Eligibility Criteria
You need to be eligible to appear in KCET 2017, you need to fulfil the basic eligibility criteria of KCET 2017 which are as follows:
- You need to be a citizen of India.
- You need to have studied and qualified in the government Institution for a minimum period of 7 years in the state of Karnataka.
- You need to have cleared your 10+2 within the state of Karnataka from an institute run by the state government.
- The mother tongue of the individual and either one of the parent should be Tulu, Kannada or Kodava.
- Also of the parents have to be a resident of Karnataka. ·
- You need to qualify 2nd PUC / 12th boards or another equivalent exam with Mathematics and Physics as compulsory subjects and Biology / Computer Science/Chemistry / Electronics /Bio-Technology as optional subjects with English as one of the languages of study.
- You need to secure a minimum of 45% total marks in the optional subjects.
- Those who are belonging to the reserved category (Schedule Caste, Schedule Tribe and Other Backwards Classes – Category-1, 2A, 2B, 3A and 3B), must qualify 2nd PUC / 12th boards or another equivalent exam with a minimum of 40% total marks in the optional subjects in the qualifying exam.
- Those appearing for the qualifying exam and expecting the results are also eligible to apply for KCET 2017.
KCET 2017 (Medical/ Engineering) Application Form
- You need to register online before filling up the application form.
- You need to provide your email Id and mobile number at the time of registration.
- After the completion of the entry of all the information, you would receive an application Id and password generated by the system to your registered email Id and mobile number.
- It would be displayed on your computer screen.
- You need to enter the application number and password to log in and start filling up the application form.
- You need to upload the scanned copy if your recent passport size colours photograph left-hand thumb impression and signature in JPG / JPEG format.
- After filling up all the required information and uploading the scanned images, you need to take a print out of the challan copy.
- You would need to pay the required fee in any of the Bank prescribed.
- Those who are residing outside the country have to pay the fee in the form of DD drawn in the name of Executive Director, Karnataka Examination and Authority, which is payable at Bangalore.
- The DD must be sent to KEA address by mentioning the Application number.
- You need to take a printout of the application form on A-4 size paper.
- You have to get the seal and signature of the principal of the college where you have studied 2nd PUC or 12th standard on the space provided in the printed application form.
- The same copy of the application form should be produced during document verification.
- You are advised to preview all the information before the final submission.
- You would not be allowed to edit or change the application form after the final submission.
- You need to ensure to keep your application number and password for future use.
- Those who fail to enter all the required information in the application form, their application would not be considered.
Fee Structure of KCET 2017 Application Form
|Candidate’s Origin||Fee (In Rupees)|
|Candidates residing outside the state of Karnataka||750/-|
|Candidates of Karnataka Origin||650/- (General and Other Backwards Classes) 500/- (Schedule Tribe and Schedule Caste Category-1)|
|Candidates residing outside India||5,000/-|
KCET 2017 (Medical/ Engineering) Admit Card
The Admit Card of KCET 2017 would be available for downloading in the 3rd week of April 2017, tentatively.
The admit card is available to only those of you who have applied for KCET 2017.
All important information related to the admit card is listed below:
- The Admit Card of KCET 2017 would be issued by the Karnataka Examination Authority.
- You can download the admit card once it is made accessible by the concerned authority.
- Admit cards would not be sent by post to you.
- You have to log in with your KCET 2017 date of birth and Application number in order to download the admit card.
- The KCET 2017 Hall ticket would bear the name of the individual, exam centre, time of exam etc.
- You must immediately notify KEA if any discrepancy is found in the admit card.
- You are advised to take a printout of your admit card and keep it safe and secure.
- Those without the KCET 2017 Hall Ticket would not be allowed to enter the exam hall.
KCET 2017 Form Correction
The KEA has provided the correction in KCET application form. Correction in the application form can be made between 14th – 31st March 2017. Therefore, candidates are suggested to fill the application form carefully.
KCET 2017 Exam Pattern
- The Exam Pattern of KCET 2017 states different important information about the question paper like the total number of questions, duration, a total number of marks etc.
- Those who are aspiring to appear in the exam are advised to go through the Exam Pattern of KCET 2017 to get a better understanding of the pattern.
- It would also help you to prepare effectively for the examination.
|Sections covered||Chemistry, Mathematics and Physics|
|Distribution of marks||60 marks for each subject|
|Duration||80 minutes for each paper|
|Marking scheme||1 mark would be given for each correct answer.
There would be no negative marking for wrong or unattempted answers.
KCET 2017 Result
- KCET 2017 result would be declared in the last week of May 2017, tentatively.
- The result would be announced online.
- You have to log in with your Registration number to view your result.
- As per the Result of KCET 2017, qualified individuals would be assigned ranks.
- You are advised to take a printout of the result/ Rank card and keep it safe and secure.
- Those who have any objections in respect of any of the entries or discrepancies or issues in the result sheets except the marks obtained in the CET can submit their objections within 3days from the date of publication of the KCET 2017 Result.
KCET 2017 (Medical/ Engineering) Cutoff
- The KCET 2017 cutoff would be declared after the announcement of the result.
- It would be declared by the Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA).
- The cutoff of KCET 2017 is the rank that you would be assigned on the basis of your performance in the entrance exam.
- Those whose ranks do not fall within the closing cutoff rank which would be declared at the time of counselling would not be admitted to any of the UG engineering courses.
KCET 2017 Counselling
KCET 2017 would conduct the counselling after the Result of KCET 2017 is declared.
You can check the details about KCET 2017 Counselling in the list below:
- The counselling would be done in the online mode.
- You would have to attend the counselling in person.
- Those who are assigned a rank in KCET 2017 would have to report to any of the 13 notified helpline centres.
- You would need to register your KCET number in the computer system.
- In the counselling of KCET 2017, you would be briefed regarding the procedure to be followed by them while exercising options, payment of fees, allotment of seats and reporting to the college.
- You have to carry your original documents and get it verified in the assigned helpline centre to be eligible for option entry for the choice of allotment of seat.