Table of Content
KEAM 2017 (CEE Kerala) is a state level entrance exam held by the Commissioner of Entrance Exam (CEE), Kerala for providing admissions to professional degree courses in different fields like engineering, agriculture, forestry and architecture and many others.
The application form would be announced from the 1st week of January, 2017.
Candidates can check for complete details about KEAM 2017 including eligibility criteria, application form, admit card, exam pattern, results, syllabus, counseling etc.
KEAM 2017 Exam Dates
|Commencement of online applications||1st week of January 2017|
|Important Dates (Tentative)
Availability of security card along with prospectus
|1st week of January 2017|
|Last date for receipt of online application printout||Last week of January 2017|
|Closing date for online applications||Last week of January 2017|
|Availability of admit cards||Last week of March 2017|
|Examination date (KEAM 2017)||Last week of April 2017|
|Declaration of results||Last week of May 2017|
Eligibility for KEAM 2017
They need to focus on the eligibility criteria before applying to the KEAM 2017 for any prospect course.
The eligibility criteria for KEAM 2017 are as the following:
- Candidates need to be the Indian origin only.
- OCI and PIO individuals shall also be treated as the India individuals but not given any reservation.
- All those candidates who are applying for the KEAM 2017 is listed in 3 categories as Keralites, Non-Keralite Category I [NK I] and Non-Keralite Category II [NK II].
- The individuals of Kerala origin are categorized as a Keralite.
- Children of All India Service (AIS) officers (Non-Keralites) selected to Kerala cadre are deemed to be ‘Keralites’.
- But candidates would not be eligible for Communal/Special/PwD reservation or any fee concession.
Non-Keralite Category I [NK I]
- Those candidates who are not of the Kerala origin but finished anyone of the following situations are categorized as ‘Non-Keralite Category I'(NK I).
- Those who have undergone qualifying course in Kerala and who is son/daughter of Non-Keralite parents belong to Government of India/Defence Service, posted to Kerala.
- Those who have undergone qualifying course in Kerala and who is son/daughter of Non-Keralite parents who are serving/served Government of Kerala for at least a period of 2 years.
- Those who are not of Kerala Origin but has been a resident of Kerala State for a period of 5 years within the period of 12 years of his/her study.
- Those who are not of Kerala Origin but who has undergone his/her school studies in Kerala from standard 8th to 12th.
- Note: Non-Keralite Category I individuals are considered against ‘State Merit’ seats for Engineering/ Medical/Architecture/ and Allied courses.
- But you would not be eligible for Special/Communal/ PwD reservation or any fee concession.
Non-Keralite Category II [NK II]
- Those who do not come under ‘Keralite’ or ‘Non-Keralite Category I’ are classified as ‘Non-Keralite Category II’.
- These individuals are eligible for admission to Management quota seats in engineering courses in Government Controlled Self financing Colleges.
- ‘Non-Keralite Category II’ (NK II) individuals are eligible for admission to Management Quota seats and Government Seats in Private Self Financing Engineering/Architecture Colleges, which is notified independently.
- But they will not be eligible for Communal/ Special/ Persons with Disabilities reservation or any fee concession.
- They need to have completed the age of 17 years as on or before 31st December of the year of exam.
- There would be no upper age limit for KEAM examination.
- Students need to have passed 12th from the well-known board and gained at least 50% marks in core as math (for engineering and architecture).
- They need to have obtained a minimum of 50% marks (40% for Schedule Caste/Schedule Tribe/SEBC and 45% for locomotion disable candidate) in KEAM 2017 paper 1 and 2 taken together for MBBS/BDS course.
KEAM 2017 Application Form
- The KEAM 2017 application form is made available on the prescribed date through online on the official website of the board.
- Candidates can get the prospectus from the listed post offices.
- You have to register yourself with the official website and proceed to the application form.
- The application fee is Rs 1000/- (Rs. 500/- for Schedule Tribe/Schedule Caste) for all categories.
- The application fee can be paid through the security card that can be got from the post office with prospectus or by Demand Draft.
- The Schedule Tribe individuals whose family annual income is below 40,000/annum are exempted to payment the application fee.
- After filling the application form with fee details, you have to sent the print out of the filled application form to the address given below:
Office of the Commissioner for Entrance Examinations,
5th Floor, Housing Board Buildings,
Thiruvananthapuram – 695001, Kerala
Phone: 0471- 2332120, 2338487
KEAM 2017 Exam Pattern
- The KEAM 2017 was held in 2 papers for each as engineering and medical.
- Each paper is comprised in 120 questions with 5 suggestive answers.
- The total marks are 480 and each paper was asked in the duration of 2.5 hour.
- Four marks were specified to correct answer and 1 mark was subtracted for each incorrect answer.
- The selection is done on the basis of rank calculated by marks secured in KEAM exam and in qualifying exam as 50:50 ratio.
KEAM 2017 Hall Ticket (Admit Card)
- KEAM Hall Ticket 2017 is available from 28th March 2017.
- You can download your admit from the official website.
- The admit card contain the all details of exam centre, time and roll number.
List of KEAM 2017 Exam Centres
Below is the complete list of exam centers for KEAM 2017 B.Tech exam held in Kerala state. Candidates must choose a location nearby their home for their convenience.
- Thiruvananthapuram (TVM),
- Kollam (KLM),
- Alappuzha (ALP),
- Kottayam (KTM),
- Ernakulam (EKM),
- Kattappana (KPN),
- Palakkad (PKD),
- Malappuram (MLP),
- Kozhikode (KKD),
- Wayanad (WYD),
- Kannur (KNR),
- Mumbai (MUM),
- New Delhi (DLH) and
- Dubai (DUB)
Please Note: The exam centers might be changed or there may be additional Exam Centres of KEAM 2017. We will update this article as soon as the new notification is updated by the conducting body.
KEAM 2017 Result/Rank
- The KEAM result 2017 is announced on the 24th May 2017 after the successful completion of the exam.
- You can check your result from the official website.
- You have to enter your application number and Roll number to view the result.
- The score of Engineering Entrance Exam would be published on 2nd June 2017.
KEAM 2017 Counselling
- The option registration and seat allotment has started in KEAM 2017 from 23rd June.
- The schedule of KEAM 2017 counseling has been declared after the announcement of result and rank of the successful individuals in KEAM 2017 exam.
- The successful individuals have to apply for the counseling to get their seat against their rank and their choice.