Table of Content
NDA 2017 Syllabus, Application Form, Exam Date, Answer Key, Admit Card, Result – National Defence Academy (NDA) is a leading institute which trains the cadets in order to get selected for Indian Armed Forces (Indian Air Force, Indian Army and Indian Navy) as officers. You can approach the academy by qualifying a national level entrance examination (NDA 2017) which is conducted by the UPSC (Union Public Service Commission). The exam is held twice a year. NDA I 2017 would be conducted on 23rd April 2017 and NDA II 2017 would be conducted on 10th September 2017. With this article you can check the detailed information about exam dates, application form, qualification & age eligibility, exam pattern & syllabus.
NDA 2017 Exam Dates
NDA 2017 notification for exam dates and academic calendar is declared by UPSC. Below we have mentioned the NDA 2017 exam dates are mentioned below:
|Events||Dates (NDA I)||Dates (NDA II)|
|Notification release||18th January, 2017||7th June 2017|
|Application form release||18th January, 2017||7th June 2017|
|Last date to submit the application form||10th February, 2017||30th June 2017|
|Admit card release||one or two weeks before exam||one or two weeks before exam|
|Exam date||23rd April, 2017||10th September 2017|
|Result declaration||May, 2017||October, 2017|
NDA 2017 Application Form
- The NDA 2017 Application Form would be filled up and submitted via online process through the official website of UPSC.
- The application form would be released from 18th January 2017 (for NDA I) and from 7th June 2017 (for NDA II).
- You would have to fill up the application form carefully.
- No changes would be allowed to be made after the final submission of the application form.
- You need to keep scanned images of photographs and signatures ready in the prescribed size and format before filling the application form.
- The last date to fill up the application form for NDA (I) 2017 is 10th Feb 2017 and for NDA (II) 2017 is 30th June 2017.
- You must note that there is no need to send the printed application form to the authority. Application Fee:
- Rs 100/- would be charged as application fee for general and OBC category candidates.
- ST/SC individuals and wards of NCOs/JCOs/Ors would be exempted from examination fee.
- The application fee payment can be made via cash in any branch of SBI Bank or through net banking, visa/debit card/master card.
NDA Eligibility Criteria
Below we have mentioned the complete eligibility criteria of NDA 2017.
Nationality: You need to be a citizen of India/ a subject of Nepal/ a subject of Bhutan/ a Tibetan refugee who came over to India before January 1st, 1962 with the intention of permanently settling down in India.
Marital Status: Only unmarried male candidates would be eligible to apply.
Age Limit: For NDA I you should not be born before 2nd July 1998 and not later than 1st July 2001 in order to be eligible.
For NDA II, you should not be born before 2nd January 1999 and not later than 1st January 2002 in order to be eligible.
For Air Force and Naval Wings of National Defence Academy and for the 10+2 Cadet Entry Scheme at the Indian Navy Academy: You need to have cleared class 12th or its equivalent examination with Mathematics and Physics subjects from any State Education Board or a University.
For Army Wing of National Defence Academy: You need to have cleared class 12th or its equivalent exam which is conducted by any State Education Board or a University.
Those of you who are currently appearing for class 12th or its equivalent exam would also be eligible to apply.
Physical Standard: You need to be physically fit as per the guidelines set by the National Defence Academy and Naval Academy Examination.
Those of you who have resigned or withdrawn on disciplinary grounds from any of the training academies of the Armed Forces would be eligible to apply.
NDA 2017 Exam Pattern
The NDA entrance examination would be asked in 2 subsequent sections; written test and intelligence & personality test.
Type of Questions:
The question paper of the written test would consists of objective type questions and sectioned in code 1 & 2.
- Marks for Code 1: Code 1 will consists of Mathematics questions of a total of 300 marks whereas code 2 would consist of general ability questions of a total of 600 marks.
- Marks for Code 2: Code 2 would be separated into 2 sections named A & B. Section A would cover Math of 200 marks whereas section B would cover general knowledge of 400 marks.
The paper would be of both English & Hindi language.
Each question would have 4 optional answers, you need to select the correct one only.
There would be negative marking for incorrect response given by individuals.
The NDA exam paper would consist of 2 parts i.e. General Ability Test and Mathematics.
Mode of Exam:
The paper would be conducted in offline mode only.
The NDA 2017 exam pattern is mentioned below:
|Mathematics||01||2 1/2 Hours||300|
|General Ability Test||02||2 1/2 Hours||600|
NDA 2017 Syllabus
The NDA syllabus is seperated into 2 sections General Ability Test and Mathematics. The General Ability Test section would contain questions from different topics like General Knowledge, English, Chemistry, Physics, Geography, General Science and Current Events. In order to prepare well for the exam you can study from the above mentioned topics.
NDA 2017 Admit Card
You can get the NDA 2017 Admit Card through online mode only. No other mode would be entertained to get the admit card. The admit card would not be provided by post. Only those of you have completed all steps of registration would be able to download the admit cards. You need to download and print the “Important Instruction to the Candidate” and carry it along with the NDA hall at the exam venue.
NDA 2017 Result
The NDA 2017 results would be provided to you one month after the examination. You can check the results from the official website of UPSC. You are advised to take a printout of the result and keep it safe untill the selection procedure. NDA 2017 written results and final results of those who are selected would be declared individually. Before SSB round, the written results would be declared. Those who are selected in the written exam would be called in for further admission process.
NDA 2017 Preparation Tips
You need to be well planned and organized in order to prepare for NDA. You need to prepare for the exam as per the syllabus. Make sure you include the best preparation books and earlier years question papers in your study materials. In order to clear the NDA exam only written test is not the only key you need to be mentally and physically fit also in order to clear the selection process.