NEET 2017 Eligibility Criteria – Those of you who are eligible can attend the NEET exam and satisfied applicants can become doctors on the basis of their eligibility.
Applicants have to attend the written type of exam and National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research (NIPER) Exam is suggested to all aspires those candidates who wish to become doctors. All activities are controlled by Medical Council of India and people in India accept NEET exam, only if they are qualified.
Applicants are desired to meet the eligibility on the basis of their high score and consequently, they become qualified for this fully well-recognized exam suggested by the Indian government.
All the states participating in the NEET 2017 would fill their 85% seats of MBBS/BDS through state counseling, while the remaining 15% of the seats would be filled through All India centralized counseling.
Eligible and interested candidates who wish to get admission in MBBS and BDS courses can apply for NEET 2017.
The candidates are advised to read carefully the criteria’s before filling the application form.
Eligibility criteria for NEET 2017 Exam
We have mentioned NEET 2017 eligibility criteria as per state and All India basis.
Highlights of NEET 2017 Eligibility Criteria:
Nationality: Indian & Overseas Citizen of India (OCI)
- Applicants should be an Indian national or Overseas Citizen of India to be eligible for NEET 2017 entrance exam.
- Overseas Citizens of India are qualified for admission in Medical/Dental Colleges subject to rules and regulations structured by the respective Government of India and State Governments.
- It is mandatory for the candidates applying for NEET 2017 Examination to have Aadhaar Card issued by UIDAI.
Age Limit for NEET 2017
- Age – The minimum age limit which is required is 17 years on 31st December of the year of admission.
Unreserved category age limit
- The upper age limit for applicants who are looking for admission under 15% All India Quota Seats is 25 years as on December 31, 2016.
Reserved category age limit
- The Upper age limit is 30 years for Schedule Caste/Schedule Tribe/Other Backward Classes category candidates in NEET 2017.
- This age limit is after giving relaxation of five years
NEET 2016 aspirants must be born on or between
- General Category: The candidates need to be born in between 1st January, 1992 to 1st January, 2000.
- SC/ST/OBC Category: candidates need to be born in between 1st January, 1987 to 1st January, 2000.
Marks Required at 10+2/HSC
50% marks for General Category
- Candidate needs to have cleared Chemistry, Physics, Bio-technology/Biology and English independently and must have gained at least 50% marks taken together in Physics, Chemistry, and Bio-technology/Biology.
40% Marks for Other Backward Classes/Schedule Caste/Schedule Tribe Category
- Those candidates who belong to Scheduled Tribes, Scheduled Castes or Other Backward Classes need to secure a minimum of 40% marks in Chemistry, Physics and Biology/Bio-technology taken together
Qualifying Marks for PH/PWD Category
- Candidates need to have gained at least of 45% marks for Gen-PH and 40% marks for SC-PH/ST-PH/OBC-PH applicants with locomotors disability of lower limbs
Note: Marks obtained in Class XIIth Mathematics Subject shall not be considered for NEET 2017 MBBS Admission Course.
Reservation of Seats
- Schedule Tribe category- 7.5%
- Other Backward Classes-Non creamy layer- 27
- PH category- 3% (on horizontal basis)
- Schedule Caste category- 15%
After the official notification is released, we would inform Important Dates for NEET 2017 Exam on this page or more information you can access official website.
Read more about NEET 2017
- NEET 2017 Application Form
- NEET 2017 Eligibility Criteria
- NEET 2017 Exam Pattern
- NEET 2017 Syllabus
- NEET 2017 Exam Dates
- NEET 2017 Admit Card
- NEET 2017 Result
- NEET 2017 Counselling
- NEET 2017 Cutoffs