Table of Content
The Directorate of Teacher Education (TE) and State Council of Educational Research and Training (SCERT), Bhubaneswar conduct the B.Ed admission test every year in the government, government aided colleges and self financing colleges.
The potential teachers in the state of Odisha would have to appear in the entrance exam after they have fulfilled the eligibility criteria that have been founded by the board.
There are several relaxations for the reserved class and this is done to offer them with equal opportunity to study what they want.
Exam Name: Odisha B.Ed Entrance Exam
Exam Category: Under Graduate Entrance exam
Commonly Known as: TE and SCERT
Exam Level: State Level
Eligibility Criteria of TE And SCERT 2017
The candidates who are seeking admission into the B.Ed colleges of Odisha would have to fulfill the eligibility criterion mentioned below:
- They should be a citizen of India.
- They need to be a permanent resident of the state of Odisha and should also hold the residential certificate.
- Those applicants who are applying for this examination should complete their graduation in Science or Arts.
- Candidates need to obtain at least 50% marks in their graduation exam is required to apply for the exam.
- If the applicant belongs to the reserved category then they have to gain at least 45% marks in total in their graduation exam.
- Those having Bachelor of Engineering/ Technology can also apply for the exam provided they have gained at least 50% marks in total.
- The Science graduate must pass the exam with subjects like Botany, Computer Science, Zoology, Chemistry, Mathematics, Physics as well as Geography.
- For Arts Graduate, the mandatory subjects are Political Science, Economics, Geography, History, etc.
- The final year applicants who would have their results by the time of final date of application can apply for the exam.
Application fee of TE and SCERT 2017
- The application fee that the general/ Other Backward Classes applicants need to pay is Rs. 250.
- The Schedule Caste/ Schedule Tribe candidates would have to pay only Rs. 40 and the PH candidates need not pay any amount as the registration fee.
Age limit of TE and SCERT 2017
- The age limit for the Schedule Tribe/ Schedule Caste, female, male Other Backward Classes / SEBC candidates is 35 years.
- The general male applicants needs to be of 30 years of age and for the PH applicants the age limit if 40 years.
Exam Pattern of TE and SCERT 2017
TE and SCERT syllabus and exam pattern are mentioned below:
Compulsory Paper I
|Teaching Aptitude Test||20|
Paper II (For Arts Graduate)
|History and Political Science||30|
Paper II (For Science Graduates)
Admit Card of TE and SCERT 2017
- The applicants would be able to download the admit card from the official website with the help of the registration number.
Results of TE and SCERT 2017
- The result of the exam would be made available online and with the help of the roll number provided to the applicants they would be able to check their results.
Important Dates in TE and SCERT 2017
They should make a note of the important events and dates related to the Odisha B.Ed entrance exam:
|The online application form will be made available from the||Last week of April 2017|
|The application form will be accepted till||The beginning of June 2017|
|The entrance exam will be held||In the middle of June 2017|
|Results will be announced by||2nd week of July 2017|
|Counseling process will start by||Last week of August 2017|