Table of Content
TNEA 2017 – Tamil Nadu Engineering Admissions (TNEA) 2017 is held by Anna University. TNEA is held every year by the University for Admission to UG level courses available at different engineering colleges of the State. Anna University has declared TNEA 2017 Rank List 7 for those of you who had applied for admissions to engineering colleges of TN.
The individuals for admission to engineering colleges would be chosen on the basis of their performance in class 12th boards or equivalent exam as per the guidelines under TNEA 2017 counseling process.
Candidates aspiring for the admissions to engineering colleges of TN can go through the complete details of TNEA 2017 below on this page.
|Exam Name||Tamil Nadu Engineering Admission|
|Commonly called as||TNEA|
|Exam category||Under Graduate Exam|
|Conducting Institute||Anna University|
|Admission type||State Level|
TNEA 2017 Eligibility Criteria
- You need to have cleared 12th board exam or equivalent with at least 50% marks in total.
- Those of you who are applying for TNEA 2017 need to have studied Chemistry, Mathematics and Physics as compulsory subjects in their 12th or equivalent exam.
- Short listing and seat allotment of the individuals through TNEA 2017 would be done based on their marks in class 11th and class 12th.
TNEA 2017 Exam Dates
|Notification Date for TNEA 2017||First week of May, 2017|
|Application form start date||First week of May, 2017|
|Last date for issue of application form||Last week of May, 2017|
|Counseling||First week of July, 2017|
TNEA 2017 Rank List
- TNEA 2017 Rank List has been announced by Anna University for those who had applied for TNEA 2017 admissions to engineering colleges of TN.
- The rank list of TNEA 2017 is prepared after normalization of class 12th marks.
- Admissions to B.Tech/BE programmes across the engineering colleges of TN would be done on the basis of TNEA 2017 Rank List.
- The university would calculate TNEA 2017 Ranks of individuals on the basis of factors like inter-se merit guidelines, reservation criteria and community categories.
- Anna University also offers the overall ranks and community-wise rank lists of TNEA 2017 online.
- You are also informed about your TNEA 2017 ranks independently by post through counseling call letter.
TNEA 2017 Counselling
- TNEA Counseling 2017 is organized based on applicants merit and your communal reservation.
- Branch-wise seat allotment at the participating institutes is also being held during TNEA counseling.
- The counseling for admission to engineering colleges of TN is a 6 step process.
- In this process, firstly you would be required to collect the application form, and then scrutiny of application form would be done by the authority, followed by publication of ranks of individuals.
- After publishing the ranks, the examination authority would dispatch the counseling call letters.
- After this, you would be required to appear in TNEA 2017 counseling as per the schedule given in the call letter.
- TNEA 2017 Counseling is single window counseling.
TNEA 2017 Selection Procedure
For admissions to engineering courses, following factors would be considered:
- Date of Birth
- Percentage of marks scored by you in Physics and Mathematics in XII Class
- Community-wise Categorization
- Percentage of marks scored by you in the 4th optional subject
TNEA 2017 Application Form
- TNEA 2017 application forms are available from April 15th, 2017 and to May 31st, 2017.
- Last date to submit the filled in application form is June 4th, 2017.
- You can apply for TNEA 2017 in online mode only.
TNEA 2017 Application Fee
- General category individuals have to pay Rs. 500/- (Rs.250/- for Schedule Caste/Schedule Tribe/SCA) through Debit card/net banking/Credit Card or through DD drawn in the name of “The Secretary, Tamil Nadu Engineering Admissions, and Anna University”.
- Those who would submit their application form in person can pay fee through DD.
TNEA 2017 Contact Info
Tamil Nadu Engineering Admissions,
Chennai – 600 025
Phone: 044 – 22358265, 22358266, 22358267